[Insight-users] I want to segment the blood vessel using the code included in Example\Segmentation , GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter and FastMarchingImageFilter

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Mon Oct 21 07:15:32 EDT 2013

Dear zhq,
if you are using unmodified code from the Insight examples, it is not
necessary to attach them to your e-mail. Just tell the name and everybody
will be able to look them up.

On the other hand, if you are debugging the example using the
GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter and you find that the debugger is halting
at some point in your code, then you may want to track down the problem,
either verifying the memory consumption, verifying that the input image
type is the one your code expects if not templated, trying with a different
image, using exception handling, etc.

If you need to modify the code to introduce some of the above mechanisms,
you should do it.

On the other hand, and related to your specific application, blood vessel
segmentation is not trivial, and as  other medical imaging problems,
depends on your input data/image modality.

It is usually useful to post the information as precisely as possible on
the issue you are facing.

JON HAITZ