[ITK-users] [ITK] help- find position of seed-levelset segmentation/connected treshold

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Jun 5 12:42:21 EDT 2014

Hi Sindoor,

> I've a 512x512x63 dicom image
> I'm trying to use level set segmentation to extract blood vessel.
> I'm not able to figure out these questions. any help/ view would be of great
> help.
>
> 1. Is there a way to check the position of seed that i enter in the program
> ? say,
> Position1[0]=177;
> Position1[1]=132;
>  Position1[2]=30;
> I've used imagej to find position of seed . but I feel it is not correct to
> measure distance from it. As I've defined my region of interest, The
> position may vary now (this is what i think)

It is recommended to use physical space coordinates, then converting
as needed.  That is, if the ImageJ position is pixel indexes, convert
them to physical coordinates, then use that to determine the seed in
ITK.

> 2. Also should I place the seed in all 63 slices to get segmentation in all
> slices(artery)? or multiple seeds in only one slice is enough?

It will probably work better to create a 3D volume out of the 2D
slices, then use the seed only when needed.

Hope this helps,
Matt