[ITK-users] Mattes Mutual Information can produce a false positive?

Gabriel A. Giménez gabrielgimenez85 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:25:11 EST 2015

Hi all, I hope you are well...

My question is about a implementation of Mattes Mutual Information...is
possible to produce a false positive ? at times it gives me a high metric
value ... but the result of the recording is poor. We use it as a metric for
two implementations of optimizers (PSO and Scatter search).

Attached results of two executions, using scatter search:

Moving image: mr_pd
Fixed image: ct
Images source: http://www.insight-journal.org/rire/download_data.php
(patient_001)

Thank you very much and I hope you can help me, regards.

ct_mr_pd_incorrect_result.zip
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7588261/ct_mr_pd_incorrect_result.zip>
ct_mr_pd_accurate_result.zip
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7588261/ct_mr_pd_accurate_result.zip>