[ITK-users] [ITK] Texture pixel by pixel

Timothee Evain tevain at telecom-paristech.fr
Mon Sep 21 08:07:56 EDT 2015

Hello Francisco,

I'm not sure about what you are trying to do, but computing a feature on a single pixel does not make much sense to me.
When you are trying to characterize a texture, you rely on the fact there should be a heterogeneity in an area. The feature computing try to highlight such differences (heterogeneity/homogeneity, constrast, symmetry...)
Nevertheless, you may be interested by this example : http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Statistics/TextureFeatures
It shows how to obtain "feature image", i.e. an image where each pixel contain the value of a feature computed on a 3x3x3 neighborhood.
You just have to replace the ScalarImageToCooccurrenceMatrixFilter & HistogramToTextureFeaturesFilter by your ScalarImageToTextureFeaturesFilter (which is just the fusion of the two).

About your concern for computation time, I'm afraid there is no other easy way than iterating a mask region. You can tune the neighborhood size to get acceptable results in balance with speed.

HTH

Tim