[ITK-users] Import itk always takes ages and results in warnings

Michka Popoff michkapopoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:03:30 EDT 2016

Hi

to reduce the import time, one solution would be to reduce the number of wrapped modules
and types (and image/vector dimensions). If you re-build ITK by disabling the things you
don’t need, there will be less things to load.

I have some ideas on how to improve the import situation but never came to it, so
not sure anybody has been working intensively on that.

For the warnings, we need to fix them in ITK.
The QuadEdgeMeshCellTraitsInfo class is probably not be usable as is.

If you want to hide the warnings, you can use (like for other python warnings):

import warnings
warnings.simplefilter(“ignore", Warning)

You can reset the filter after the import.

That should to it.

Michka