[ITK-users] Import itk always takes ages and results in warnings

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jun 28 08:47:07 EDT 2016

Hi JP,

Native ITK wrapping has a powerful set of features which include using template like classes. This allows for easy customization of the build and direct control over the input and output type of many filter. This does come at the cost of having a very large interface and currently long import time.

Have you looked into SimpleITK? It has a smaller interface, and less flexibility but it does load quite quickly (.3s) into Python.

HTH,
Brad